Sunday 23 November 2014

London #2: Brick Lane, vintage shops and Baker Street


On the second day of my London trip we headed out to Brick Lane in East London to see all the markets as well as pop into my brother's place.



The food there was amazing! So many stalls full of delicious foods from all over the world. It all smelled so good!



I also had a look around the non-food section to see the artwork, fashion and jewellery. I love markets and the vast amount of things there.

I very nearly came back with a pair of glasses which I do not need.


This was a whole stand full of steam-punk jewellery and items. I just adore steam-punk fashion.



Some of the artwork and photographs were just stunning!


This was a gorgeous vintage jewellery stand full of pretty and unique pieces of jewellery




I came out of the markets with a dress, a ring, a necklace and a stomach full of stir-fry. Also at some point here my DLSR had run out of battery because I had stupidly forgotten to charge it so I was on to my little camera.


I then found a place called The Vintage Market which was basically a market of vintage clothes.



I could have stayed in there forever. I ended up buying this elegant coat for a bargain of £20!









I love the atmosphere of East London. It is so multicultural and everywhere you turn there is a stall with delicious smelling dishes or people singing or dancing. There is so much incredible graffiti, it is such a display of pure artistic talent, making something boring become interesting.


Next we went to a place called The Vintage Emporium, it's really nice inside although you wouldn't notice it from the outside. It has a vintage shop with really beautiful clothes from the 1800s and a cute cafe.







The cafe had live musicians playing and was a great little place to nip in for a hot chocolate.




After we left East London we went over to Baker Street to meet up with some friends from Sheffield and I could finally live my ultimate fangirl wish of going to 221b. It was an amazing moment.

Hat - H&M
Jumper - Missguided
Dress - Penneys/Primark
Boots - Penneys/Primark
Coat - (the new one I bought)
Necklace - (a gift)


Advice to anyone who intends to go to see 221b: Go at nighttime! It's great, there aren't any queues so you can just go straight up to the door and take 100s of pictures without people getting annoyed! Of course the Sherlock Holmes museum was should but I wasn't that bothered.

My wonderful friend Sorcha dressed in an outfit that matched Pizza Express.


We had food in a Pizza Express on Baker Street before talking the train back to where we were staying. It was a good day!

The wallpaper in the bathrooms was Sherlock Holmes themed!


I hope you liked my second London photo-diary post! More to come soon xxx

Étáin

xxx


7 comments:

  1. looks like youre having a great time! i used to live so close to brick lane i miss it! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/11/baking-gluten-free-brownie-with-udis.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me want to go back to London so bad! Looks so fun. My thoughts went a little "I like this" and "I like that" while scrolling through your pics :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh la la. The food looks heavenly. I love going to markets & vintage shops. It's fun, different, & you get to see the city in action. :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this part to cities, it's more interesting and fun! :)

      Delete